Contact Information

Who leads SpringForward?

The SpringForward team is made up of 3 full-time staff:

photo of Amy holding a guinea pig headshot of Amy near Mirror Lake wearing a bike helmet headshot of Amanda photo of Amanda and her husband at a waterfall Paul Gregor photo Paul Gregor photo

Dr. Amy Collins-Warfield, Ph.D.
Advising Specialist

Amanda Donahue, M.A.
Program Manager

Paul Gregor, M.A.
Academic Coach

Hometown: Curtice, Ohio (#419)
Started working at Ohio State: 2013
Hometown: New Philadelphia, Ohio (home of the fighting Quakers)
Started working at Ohio State: 2012
Hometown: Born and raised in Toledo, Ohio (AKA: T-Town, Glass City)
Started working at Ohio State: 2020
What Amy loves about working with students: It’s a privilege to help students discover themselves and live their best lives. I enjoy getting to know students personally and helping them discern their interests and motivations. It is fulfilling to help SpringForward students overcome obstacles and attain success. Working with students also challenges me to learn more and stay informed about issues that impact our lives. What Amanda loves about working with students: I love hearing students’ stories; I can hear what students are excited or nervous about. Listening to students and hearing their diverse experiences helps to make me better as a person and as a professional. Each story helps to guide me in my work and continue moving forward to make SpringForward a suitable experience for each student.

What Paul loves about working with students: I love the connections I make with students. It is very gratifying to have students “want” to come back and speak with me. I consider it an honor that students choose to share their stories and struggles with me and I take this honor very seriously. I know how difficult it can be for a student to share their vulnerabilities and concerns with a person and the fact that I can play a part in the story of their success is a privilege.
Favorite Ohio State memory/tradition: In May 2018, I had the honor of participating in Commencement and helping to distribute diplomas to graduates of the College of EHE. It was rewarding to be able to hand diplomas to students I had known and advised during their entire college careers at Ohio State. Favorite Ohio State memory/tradition: Going to New Orleans to watch Ohio State play in a bowl game versus Arkansas. The city was filled with Ohio State fans everywhere and the comradery that weekend was incredible.

Favorite Ohio State memory/tradition: I have both a favorite memory and tradition. My favorite memory of Ohio State was as a child, visiting the campus. We were visiting my cousin who was an undergraduate at the time and I was absolutely amazed at the size and vibrancy of the college. My favorite tradition at Ohio State is the crossing out of the M’s during the TTUN week for football.
Something Amy wishes she had done in college: I wish I would have utilized the career services office at my university. It took many years to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I’m finally doing it – but I wish I had sought help so I could find my calling sooner.

Something Amanda wishes she had done in college: I wish I would have studied abroad. I think college is a chance to try new things and push your comfort zone. I love traveling and experiencing different cultures, but I didn’t think as an English major studying abroad made any sense. Had I taken the time to talk to someone about it, I would have known that wasn’t the case and could have pursued the opportunity.

Something Paul wishes he had done in college: I wish I would have enjoyed myself more as an actual college student. I enjoyed all of the non-academic aspects of being a college student, such as joining groups, going to parties and athletic events, but it wasn’t until I returned to college as an older adult that I realized how much I actually loved learning and growing as a student. It is important to remember that learning is a lifelong process that does not or should not end once we leave the classroom.

SpringForward also has a steering committee composed of staff and administrators from several areas of campus.

What if I have more questions?

We love questions! Send your questions to: springforward@osu.edu. We are happy to help you learn more about the program and see if it is the right fit for you!

Contact information:
SpringForward at Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
281 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
springfoward@osu.edu
614 292 5970