UPDATE FOR AUTUMN 2020: Limited study spaces are available on campus due to COVID-19 restrictions. Click here to see a list of available study spaces.
Ohio State offers a variety of FREE resources to help you be successful in the classroom. Here is a list of the most commonly used resources:
SpringForward works very closely with the Dennis Learning Center (DLC). The DLC supports the academic success of all Ohio State students by offering elective academic success courses, individual academic coaching, group workshops, and scientific research. The DLC supports college students’ learning, motivation, and well-being. They help students thrive by working with them to improve many aspects of their academic functioning, including:
- academic stress
- time management
- test taking
- active reading
- effective note taking
- study skills
- self-regulated learning.
You can meet 1 on 1 with a DLC academic coach to create an individualized plan to help you with any of these areas.
- How to Crush Your Online Exams
- Build a Better Routine with These Simple Steps
- How to Prepare for Online Lectures
- 3 Tips for Staying Awake and Engaged in Online Lectures
- The Best Way to Review After a Lecture
- Managing Academic Emotions: How to Work Happier and Stress Less
- Back to School Essentials: How to Create a Next Level Passion Planner
- Back to School Essentials: Strategies You Need to Know Before Freshman Year (or, things you might need to review during your freshman year!)
Additional Peer Tutoring
University Housing offers certified peer tutoring in math, physics, chemistry, and more.
Additional Tutoring by Subject Area
- The Writing Center provides individual writing support at any stage of the writing process. Consultants can work with you on anything from research papers to lab reports, resumes to application materials.
Math and Statistics
- The Math and Stats Learning Center is a resource for students in math and statistics courses.
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Tutoring resources including the General Chemistry Learning Resource Center
- Department of Physics offers tutoring
Spanish and Portuguese
- Free tutoring in Spanish, Portuguese, Quechua, or Catalan
French and Italian
- Tutoring in French and Italian is not free, but is offered on a sliding fee scale