an academic success support program
at The Ohio State University
SpringForward provides academic success support for first-year students whose first semester didn’t go exactly as they planned and may need some help bouncing back.
If you are a first-year Ohio State student on the Columbus campus and…
- You are struggling to adjust academically to college
- Your confidence is taking a hit this semester
- You want to regroup
- You’re not sure how to study or manage your time
- You want to learn from, and with, other students who feel the same way as you
SpringForward is for you!
“Everyone struggles, but finding ways you work best will help you succeed.” — Summer 2020 participant
SpringForward is a three-part program that includes:
- A 2-credit hour course, ESEPSY 2059: Becoming a Self-Regulated Learner, taken in Autumn or Spring of your freshman year;
- A summer enrichment program for students after they complete their first year at Ohio State, which includes: a scholarship that covers up to 6 credit hours, additional academic success coursework, one-on-one academic coaching, and one-on-one personalized advising;
- Ongoing support in the sophomore year and beyond, including a specific STEP cohort, specialized advising, workshops, social events, and more.
To learn more about SpringForward, please check out our other pages!
ESEPSY 2059 is now full for Autumn 2020. However, you can register for Spring 2021! This video gives an overview of the course.
“I developed a lot as a person this summer and learned to be independent … I gained a greater understanding of myself and identified areas that I need to work on and have begun to seek solutions in those areas.” — Summer 2020 participant
SpringForward at Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
281 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
614 247 4341
SpringForward is part of Transition and Academic Growth in the Office of Student Academic Success