an academic success support program
at The Ohio State University
SpringForward provides academic success support for first-year students whose first semester didn’t go exactly as they planned and who may need some help finding their best path to academic success.
If you are a first-year Ohio State student and…
- You are struggling to adjust academically to college
- Your confidence is taking a hit this semester
- You’re not sure how to study or manage your time
- You want regroup and reconsider your academic options
- You want to learn from, and with, other students who feel the same way as you
SpringForward is for you!
“Everyone struggles, but finding ways you work best will help you succeed.” — Summer 2020 participant
“I learned a lot about myself as a student and I am excited to put my new skills to the test. I would recommend this program to anybody who struggles a lot during their first year at college.” — Summer 2021 participant
- A summer enrichment program for eligible students after they complete their first year at Ohio State, which includes: a scholarship that covers up to 6 credit hours, additional academic success coursework, one-on-one academic coaching, and one-on-one personalized advising;
- Ongoing support for eligible students in the sophomore year and beyond, including a specific STEP cohort, specialized advising, workshops, social events, and more.
We also work with the Dennis Learning Center to offer a 2-credit hour course, ESEPSY 2059: Becoming a Self-Regulated Learner, taken in Autumn or Spring of your first year.
To learn more about SpringForward, please check out our other pages!
The summer 2022 application is closed.
Interested in taking ESEPSY 2059? See the video below for an overview of the course.
“This class has really helped change my perceptions of myself.” — Summer 2021 participant
“I developed a lot as a person this summer and learned to be independent … I gained a greater understanding of myself and identified areas that I need to work on and have begun to seek solutions in those areas.” — Summer 2020 participant
SpringForward at Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
281 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
614 292 5970
SpringForward is part of Transition and Academic Growth in the Office of Student Academic Success