Student Testimonials PACS

Video Testimonials

Written Testimonials

“The Physical Activity Specialist program has prepared me for work in the field of recreation, enabling me to promote fitness and health. I want to help athletes with disabilities realize their potential and coach them to be able to reach their athletic goals. The education that I received from the Physical Activity Specialist program has allowed me to follow my dreams and has prepared to me to work with a wide range of people in numerous and different fields.”

— JILL BRINKMAN, ’15 BS

Physical Activity & Coaching Specialist Graduate

“As a lacrosse student-athlete at The Ohio State University, I was able to balance the demands of lacrosse and the Physical Education, Sport and Physical Activity (PESPA) major which allowed me to graduate and purse my dream of working with children and coaching. The skills and knowledge I gained through the coursework of the PESPA program and it’s field-based experiences were helpful to me as I began my coaching career in high school football and lacrosse. I strongly urge those of you interested in teaching, coaching, recreation or sporting environments to consider majoring in PESPA at The Ohio State University.”

— DOMINIQUE ALEXANDER, BS ’14

Olentangy High School Coach

“I’ve been at OSU 3 years. I love this major because I’ve always wanted to work with people in an active or coaching setting. There is never a dull moment as there are a wide variety of classes offered and there is always something new to learn.”

– CODY POLING, PACS MAJOR

“I love being a member of this program because of the high caliber of our faculty. Our instructors come from so many different backgrounds and many have traveled the world. They bring their real-life experiences into the classroom, and I have learned so much from their stories.”

– AMBER JONES, PACS MAJOR

“My major prepared me for a career in recreation, physical activity, coaching, and sport. PACS taught me important pedagogical skills, inclusion practices, and aspects of successful coaching. I enjoyed having a major where the courses were hands on and allowed for authentic engagement with the material. I feel confident in my ability to work with individuals of different ages and ability levels to help everyone get involved with recreation,physical activity, and sports”

-TIM FRYER,’15 BS

“I chose this major because of my interest in physical activity and helping others, especially kids. The professors in the major are the best, and really care for you and your interests. There are a broad range of things that I am able to pursue with the PACS major which is what encouraged me to pursue this degree.”

-EMMA LAMBERT,PACS Major