About

Ohio State University’s bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and Sports Coaching prepares you to stand out in the job market and your profession. Through distinguished preparation, graduates are prepared to provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences, with the ultimate goal of making a positive impact on the quality of life for all students. Our program assists prospective teachers in learning how to meet individual student’s needs, experiencing a variety of physical activities and motor skills while utilizing the Ohio and National Standards for Physical Education.

Our program provides a unique opportunity to experience multiple hands-on practical field experiences throughout your degree. Small class sizes allow for direct faculty interaction while using OSU’s world class facilities. As a graduate of our program, you will enter the job market with a strong resume and a bachelor’s degree that employers respect following in the footsteps of many alumni who have gone on to successful careers as sports coaches and physical education teachers.

“The Ohio State University Physical Education Teacher Education program prepared me to be the best physical educator I can by challenging me to be my best, giving me the best resources and facilities and helping me connect with the best PE teachers around. My goal is to inspire others to get America moving and win the battle against the obesity epidemic. The research that OSU does and has done in this area has advanced the physical education profession into the 21st century.” – Selene Kelley, ’99 BS, ’04 MA, Physical Education Teacher, Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools

**There is also a masters route, for more information, visit https://ehe.osu.edu/human-sciences/kinesiology/sports-coaching