Project 10: Cartoon
I ended up with more of a tragic ending than I had planned!
Main Idea: Tomato gets taken home from grocery store and is happy to be chosen, gets to fridge and sees a bunch of rotting vegetables and is horrified.
- Tomato getting picked at store / riding home in the grocery bag full of anticipation
- Tomato being placed in fridge, trying to make conversation with the other foods in the fridge
- Show that other veggies are rotting (exes over their eyes like their dead, or maybe thermometers in their mouths like they are on their deathbed)
- More veggies rotting
- Tomato looks horrified (Maybe speech bubble saying: “What is this place?!”)
- Show cool cucumber, maybe with a cigar in his mouth saying “Sorry you had to find out this way, kid. See that milk? That’s the only thing that’s gotten out of here alive in weeks. Cereal kick. You got picked by the wrong gal, and that’s no fault of your own.”
- Show sad tomato
- Show carton of eggs, all with unique faces and personalities saying things like “Don’t listen to him!” “She picked you for a reason” “She just had a bad couple of weeks is all” “She’s due for a health kick any day now!”, tomato looks comforted slightly
- Show tomato being picked, all the eggs and other veggies cheering
- Show tomato cooked in a meal, smiling (maybe sliced on a pizza, or chopped in eggs!)
Project 9: Pattern
As my pattern project tarted to take shape, I looked more at the artist list given and was attracted tot the style of Martin Ramirez! I felt that the balance of simple, familiar images in combination with the pattern features were really beautiful and told a story. I ended up somewhat channeling that energy in my project!
Project 8: Collage of Key Memories
The bolded words on the list are the “themes” I picked out for the event.
I started by going through several magazines and pulling out all of the images/words that stood out to me in some way.
I have been looking a lot at the works of Hannah Hoch, Wangechi Mutu and Kurt Schwitters to gather inspiration for my collage.
Project 7: Planes in Space
Drawing loosely inspired by the works of Julie Mehretu
Project 6: Perspective Outdoors
Project 5: Perspective Tonal Drawing
Ended up switching subjects, I didn’t like how the kitchen was turning out!
Project 4: Perspective Contour Drawing
Project #3: Still Life Tonal Drawing
Project #2: Glass of Water
Project #1: Still Life Contour Drawing
I shifted things in my still life slightly (between the inspiration photo and beginning the final project) to make them easier for me to draw!
Finished mapping out where everything will be on the page, beginning to make my final lines!
Currently in quarantine with Covid… thought this would be an appropriate still life. 🙂