EESO

I  joined the Ethiopian-Eritrean Student Organization (EESO) in August of 2014 during my first year at OSU, after finding it on OSU’s website in the list of cultural organizations. I knew I wanted to take advantage of such a big school like OSU, and meet other people who shared different and similar cultural backgrounds as me. What I did not know going in, however, was how many great, funny, and hardworking people I would meet and become friends with as a result. I have made so many memories just in the past two years, and have been able to connect on a different label with the place I consider my true home. Through events like Taste of OSU 2014, African Night 2014 & 2015, Coffee Night, Bowling, Group Dinners, Potluck 2014&15, Cookout 2015, Ethiopian New Years (Enkutatash), Involvement Fair, Difret Movie Premiere, and Educate the Horn, I have been involved in encouraging acknowledgement of my culture on campus. Although I have only spent three months in Ethiopia while in elementary school, I have always hung tight to my language, my culture, and my pride in the country of warriors (as cheesy as that is). I have gained so much from EESO, and hope to give back this upcoming year.eeso