Artifacts

As a sophomore at Ohio State, I am participating in the Second-year Transformational Experience Program, or STEP. Through the program, students are supposed to develop a project plan and submit a proposal for funding from Ohio State to complete this project. The project could be focused on research, and internship, study abroad, service-learning, etc., as long as it is a transformational experience. For my project, I chose to study abroad through the MUNDO Multicultural Histories and Legacies of Rome & London. Through the program, I will get to explore both cities and participate in service-learning projects while abroad. Through the Mount Leadership Society Scholars Program, I have spent my sophomore year doing a Year of Service volunteering almost 60 hours at the Boys & Girls Club of Columbus. Through the Year of Service and other leadership courses I have taken, I have explored how social justice issues such as power and privilege affect different members of our community. The MUNDO program focuses on these same issues but on an international level. I think it will be the perfect way to end my year of service and really broaden my perspectives and awareness of the issues.