Service Engagement

So many of Ohio State’s volunteer and service opportunities are exciting and benefit so many people in ways I never even thought was possible. This year I had the opportunity to volunteer at COSI through Ohio State’s Community Commitment day. Volunteering that day, even though it was only one day, allowed me to have an experience in service that wouldn’t have otherwise been possible. This was a wonderful start to my time here at OSU and encouraged me to want to participate in other events.

Although I volunteered a lot of my time outside of Ohio State clubs and events, there are many service opportunities I hope to take part in. I plan on participating in the Sports Nutrition Program, which gives students the opportunity to restock fuel zones for athletes. I think volunteering with this program will be a fantastic experience and I wish I could have participated this semester.

In my second year here at OSU, I had the opportunity to volunteer at the All People’s Fresh Market food pantry. I had a wonderful time helping the people who visited obtain so many fresh fruits and vegetables. While at the market, I packed boxes with fresh foods and loaded them into people’s cars as they drove up to the building. I also assisted in cleaning up the building and surrounding area while helping the people pick out their foods. This was an amazing opportunity, as it allowed me to help people who may not normally have access to fresh foods gain access.