Artifacts

This year I joined the Irish Dance team. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made. We attended a competition last semester and that event taught me so much. Leading up to the competition we had practice almost everyday, which was way more often than usual. The extra practices really tested my ability to manage my time with school work and dance. It was an extremely stressful time but I learned how to work through the stress. I was able to complete all my assignments on time and do well on my exams. On top of all of the stress from dance and school, I fractured my ankle at practice in the week leading up to the competition. This was so frustrating because not only did it make it difficult for me to dance, it also took longer to walk everywhere. I was spending so much more time walking, when I could have been doing something more productive.

At the competition, I learned so much about teamwork and support. The team members were all so kind to me, even though I was new. They helped me when I got injured and they were still making sure I was okay. Competitions are always stressful, but we managed to work together and we placed really well! That was an amazing moment in my life I will always remember.