Journal Publication and Hematology Conference

This past summer and throughout the school year I’ve been lucky enough to have the opportunity to participate in sickle cell disease research at the Experimental Hematology Lab in the Comprehensive Cancer Center. Over the summer I worked on a specific project that focused on searching for bio-markers that may lead to therapeutic solutions for sickle cell disease. The abstract for this project was published in the blood journal and chosen to be presented in a poster presentation at the 2018 ASH (American Society of Hematology) Conference in San Diego. I got to go to San Diego with my mentor and look at other poster and oral presentations at the conference as well as an exhibition for new drugs that are being produced for cancer and other blood diseases. This project was monumental in terms of my career path because I was able to contribute to a published abstract as well as get to meet influential scientists and graduate students who also do research on blood diseases. It was really cool to see the opportunities that are open to me and I am excited to keep working towards my future goals and see what the future holds. Below is the citation for our published abstract in the blood journal:

http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/132/Suppl_1/1077

One thought on “Journal Publication and Hematology Conference