I am from a small neighborhood located in the downtown area of Lexington, KY. I attended a traditional high school for my freshman and sophomore years of high school, before transitioning to a math and science focused high school, the Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science, for junior and senior year. While attending the Gatton Academy, I was able to take a wide variety of undergraduate level math and science courses through the Western Kentucky University. I also had the opportunity to conduct undergraduate research in the field of biophysics. I worked under the mentorship of Dr. Sanju Gupta, within the WKU Department of Physics and Astronomy, to investigate the electrochemical properties of graphene quantum dots. This project lasted for three semesters, and from that experience, I learned how to operate an atomic force microscope and scanning electron microscope. I also was able to present our research findings at three conferences.

I am currently undecided within the College of Engineering, and I am interested in either Industrial and Systems engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering. Looking forward, I would one day like to work in either the field of city and regional planning, the field  of environmental conservation, or the field of technology.

I have enjoyed the time I have spent at OSU so far, and I am excited to delve deeper into the field of engineering.