MODULE 6 BLOG: Searching and Researching Blog Post

I this module I learned a lot about about searching and researching online. The most useful thing I learned in this module was how to research to find good articles online. I learned that I could do this through the OSU library catalog. Some of the books are actually already online which makes it convenient so I don’t have to go pick up the book from the library. Something from this module that I have put into my life is checking if my source is credible. I have had two presentations this week on the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting for my freshmen seminar class and then another presentation in my Peace Studies class on the habitus of North Korea. While finding sources for these two topics I looked for three things in my sources like how the book said: reliability, quality, and utility. Something I can put into place is to not use Wikipedia as much because it is not always accurate especially if I am looking for a source to cite. The advice I’d give to other students is to make sure while you are searching to make sure your searching clues are specific. This will make it so much easier to find sources for what you are looking for.