So, the past week was the first time I actually experience stress in my life. Everything in my life has gone my way and I managed to do well in whatever I tried in. That is not the case in college. I have been trying very hard, but I keep falling short. The good thing is that I have many friends here to support me and talk to about anything so I have been okay but still school is very stressful and I don’t like it.
[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[ “G.O.A.L.S.” is a place where students write about how their planned, current, and future activities may fit into the Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S.: Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.
- Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc.
- Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
- Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
- Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
- Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.]
Throughout the first semester of college I have developed in many different ways. I think the most developed feature about me has been my growth in my maturity. Like many other people, this is my first time living an extended period without my parents being here with me. I had to learn how to live my life without anyone telling me what to do and spoon feeding me everything. Doing laundry was okay at first but having to do it every week by myself and find time to do it started to get frustrating. Now I have just gotten used to it and learned that I have to do it no matter what. Same goes with food. I don’t have my mom to pack my lunch every day or make dinner for me. I have a meal plan but that doesn’t account for all the food I eat so I have to go out and buy food myself and make sure I am not using too much money. If I am studying at home my mom will know to make me food and tell me to take a break and eat something. In college that was a strange adjustment. I would go hours on hours studying forgetting to eat food and I had to adjust to taking care of myself. Also, not having teachers assign all the work needed to do well in my classes was a very weird adjustment. I had to learn that in college I am really independent, and I have to grow and take control of the things I do in my life in order to succeed.
I went on a camping trip with my family and we went white water rafting in Pennsylvania. It was an amazing experience. Everything about it was great except that I am terrified of water. No one fell off the raft until the very end at a very dangerous spot. The person in front of me got launched off as we hit a 3-foot drop and in the process hit me off too. I honestly thought I was dead because I was stuck under the boat for five to ten seconds. Eventually my cousin pulled me back on the raft, but I was terrified and freezing as I got back on the raft. The other person was also fine. That was probably the most terrifying time of my life.
Hi, my name is Simran Singh. I am from the suburbs of Cleveland Ohio and I go to the Ohio State University in Columbus Ohio. I am studying engineering and I hope to go into either aerospace engineering or computer science engineering. I would also like to minor in business. A couple of unique things about me is that I am Sikh and I wear a Turban. I love being active whether it means playing sports or even volunteering in the community.