G.O.A.L.S.

In my two years spent on Ohio State’s campus the “G” in G.O.A.L.S. has become very relevant to my interests. I have found that as an Environmental Public Health major I am now looking at the world on a very global scale in terms of health. I am no longer just studying the health of those who are in my immediate area, but I am seeing how health connects us all within our common humanity. Everyone gets sick and everyone wants to find a way to prevent that, making a goal that everyone can easily work towards. My aim as an Environmental Public Health major is to take this common goal of a healthier humanity and add on the health of our environment, because often what is good for the earth is also good for the people. I have been working towards this by joining PIH: Engage which is a partner organization of Partners in Health and supports the medical work that they do globally. I have also continued with my International Affairs Scholars program which has kept me up to date on current world issues and how given me a platform to look at these issues from an multi-view lens instead of the very Americanized one that is often presented in local news. Global Awareness is something I strive for every day and I plan on focusing my career around ways to improve our global health.