Second-Year Advocacy Reflection

The second-year members of PSL created an advocacy project about areas of issue or interest.  It was asked of first-year members to visit three of the second-year cohort’s projects and see what was completed.  There were a variety of advocacy projects. I chose topics that I was not aware of and that I wanted to learn more about.  The projects that I chose include Deforestation, Fresh water sources via Lake Erie, and a project about NASA’s budget.

Reed Cusack provided a typed paper about the effect of deforestation on the environment and beyond. I have heard of deforestation but was not aware of the scope of its dangers.  Clearly, the preservation of natural habitats and biodiversity is very important. The issue was presented using good persuasive communication by use of logic and fear control. Reed seems to be very aware of the risks of deforestation and provides a logical solution when targeting the college aged person.

The website created by Anthony Katsaounis brought awareness to many faced by Lake Erie with its effects to the public. It was very creative and may provide me with inspiration for my own project soon. Likewise, Jonathon Knaggs created a power point that prompted critical thinking about our government’s spending on space exploration with provided reason self-reflect your stance on this topic. In sum, each project was well done with justifiable solutions and used creativity and persuasion to bring aware multiple national and global issues.