Tim Barnes, OSU Extension Educator ANR, Marion County
This training workshop has been developed to assist sheep judges in their evaluation of fleece quality within the wool breeds of sheep. The following topics will be presented at the workshop:
- the wool fiber; understanding wool & its unique characteristics
- the show ring; terminology, procedures, & evaluation criteria
- hands on fleece judging; fine wool, colored wool, & medium wool
- hands on evaluation of fine wool & long wool yearling ewe classes
- Program presenters are: Dave Cook, show & fleece judge, Dave Rowe, manager Midstates Wool Growers, and Tim Barnes, OSU Extension Educator
Registration Information (registration form found here) should be completed by Friday, March 1, 2019 and returned with the $20 registration fee (includes lunch) to Tim Barnes, OSU Extension Marion County at 222 W Center St Marion, Ohio 43302 or email to Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.