G.O.A.L.S

Global Awareness:

I studied abroad in Thane, India over the winter break of 2017 to study eastern philosophy. I also have attended the international WCUR conference in Oldenburg Germany in 2019 to present my research on Traumatic Brain Injury.

Original Inquiry:

I am involved in Neuroscience research at the Wexner Medical Center starting from the spring of my Freshman year studying Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) and its effects on several body systems with Dr. Zachary Weil. I defended my Honors Thesis with distiction in Neuroscience on the effects of the ketogenic diet on repeated traumatic brain injury outcomes in mice. I am also involved in coordinating the SmileChild app clinical research trials at OSU Wexner Medical Center and Nationwide Children’s Hospital with Dr. Pat Gabbe and Dr. Leif Nelin.

Academic Enrichment:

With my major in Neuroscience and minor in Philosophy, I will plan a rigorous and fulfilling curriculum that will build my knowledge in both the sciences, fine arts, and humanities. I chose these areas because they align closely with my passions for the sciences, the fine arts, and philosophy. Within these courses of study, I plan to take interdisciplinary courses including the philosophy of healthcare ethics, the philosophy of art, and the philosophy of the cognitive sciences.

Leadership Development:

I am the Co-Founder and Co-President of SmileChild, a nonprofit focused on empowering mothers through a module based, incentive driven mobile application. I have also served in leadership roles within the OSU Micro-G NExT team, the Columbus RAM Free Clinic, the Eminence program and the Stamps Program.

Service Engagement:

I am involved in serving the Columbus community through the work of SmileChild that aims to reduce the infant mortality rate. I also conduct service work at local hospitals by doing art activities with various patients and family members.