General Service-Learning Resources
This is a collection of resources that the Office of Service-Learning can provide to faculty, staff, and students who are looking for more information on service-learning. Course design resources and other resources intended specifically for faculty can be found here. If you’re looking for something you don’t see here, contact us!
This is a collection of materials from workshops the Office of Service-Learning has facilitated in the past, and is a great place to get started learning about service-learning at Ohio State.
- Service-Learning 101
- The General Education Open Option for Service-Learning Courses
- Service-Learning and Assessment with UCAT
- Service Learning and Information Literacy
Other Informational Resources
- OSL Lending Library, a variety of service-learning publications and videos are available for loan from the Office of Service-Learning
Outreach and Publicity
The Office of Service-Learning maintains a collection of flyers and other materials that can be used to share service-learning with your peers. Customizable versions are available for some materials. Contact us for more information.
- Service-Learning Digital Stories, a collection of videos where students and faculty share their experiences with service-learning
- Marketing Materials
These websites are not managed by the Office of Service-Learning, but they are excellent places to find out more about service and civic engagement on college campuses.
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse: America’s Most Comprehensive Service-Learning Resource, maintained by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- National Campus Compact: Campus Compact is a national coalition of more than 1,100 college and university presidents – representing some 6 million students – dedicated to promoting community service, civic engagement, and service-learning in higher education.
- Ohio Campus Compact: Ohio Campus Compact is a statewide non-profit coalition of 47 college and university presidents and their campuses working to promote and develop the civic purposes of higher education.
- International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement (IARSLCE): Researchers, students and practitioners committed to advancing research on service-learning and community engagement.
- Barbara A. Holland Collection for Service Learning and Community Engagement: extensive collection of materials useful for both scholars and practitioners.
- The Corporation for National and Community Service is a federal agency that engages more than five million Americans in service through Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and Learn and Serve America.
- Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is a nonprofit organization that promotes health equity and social justice through partnerships between communities and academic institutions. They build the capacity of communities and academic institutions to engage each other in partnerships that balance power, share resources, and work towards change.
- The American Association of Colleges and Universities is the leading national association concerned with the quality, vitality, and public standing of undergraduate liberal education. They work to promote improved civic intelligence and engagement through strategies such as service-learning.
- Conference Opportunities: A list of conferences from around the U.S. targeting service-learning community members.
- Publication Outlets: Service-learning publications that cover a wide range of topics including civic engagement, social justice, and leadership.