[ “G.O.A.L.S.” is a place where students write about how their planned, current, and future activities may fit into the Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S.: Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.
- Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc.
- Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
- Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
- Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
- Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.]
[Artifacts are the items you consider to be representative of your academic interests and achievements. For each entry, include both an artifact and a detailed annotation. An annotation includes both a description of the artifact and a reflection on why it is important to you, what you learned, and what it means for your next steps. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
My name is Sakthi Senthilvelan and I am pursuing a major in neuroscience while on the pre-medical track as well as a minor in creative writing. I am a member of the Health Sciences Scholars program. I have lived in Columbus, Ohio for over 13 years and attended Olentangy Orange High School. Over these next four years, I would really like to be involved in different service outreach programs. Outside of my academic life, I enjoy playing tennis, baking cupcakes, and just having a good time with my friends.
[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
This year went by so fast! I still can’t believe I am done with my first year of undergrad. This year was definitely something new for me. I had to make some adjustments from high school to college and it took me some time. I had to change my study habits and really understand what I want from my four years at The Ohio State University. During my spring semester, I had to work out my goals and decided to change major which was difficult for me. In the end, I chose to change it because I wanted to go to class everyday and be eager to learn and understand. This first year was definitely challenging for me but I have figured out and gathered many tips for these next few years. I can’t wait for what’s to come!