My name is Nikki and I am a freshman at The Ohio State University.  In the photo above, I am in the center, with President Dr. Drake to the right and my sister to the left.  My hometown is Dublin, Ohio.  Living in a town so close to campus, I grew up going to Ohio State football games as a buckeye.  Studying at Ohio State has been a tradition in my family, starting with my grandfather, who worked as the University Architect.  My dad also studied here, followed by my sister, and now I am continuing the tradition.  The vast number of opportunities here at Ohio State never ceases to amazing me.  I am very passionate about helping animals and the environment.  I am currently a Health Sciences Scholar and I hope to continue getting more involved in my community by taking advantage of all the opportunities during my time at Ohio State.

I am majoring in Microbiology with a minor in French.  I studied French throughout high school and I am excited that I can continue developing my understanding of the french language and culture.  It is my goal to attend veterinary school in the future.

Nikki