Thursday, March 14, 2019 – Paris

We started the day at the Jardin des Plantes, and I was glad we walked there so I could run to it later. I loved how these museums were set up; all separate but surrounding a common garden. I found the size of each museum to pretty manageable, so I took my time exploring most of them, including the comparative anatomy and paleontology, mineralogy, greenhouses, and secret garden. It was cool that bones from Ohio were in the paleontology museum. Next, I went to the Arc de Triomphe to enjoy the views of the city from there. We stopped by the grande and petit palias on our way to a crepe restaurant for lunch near the Louvre. The Louvre was absolutely overwhelming, and I broke off from the group to do some exploring on my own. After the Louvre, we went back to the hotel before heading out to Sacre Couer to see more views of Paris at night. The cathedral up there was beautiful, and we could see all of Paris. We got dinner at a restaurant in the square, and I bought some souvenirs. We thought it would be a cool and easy trip to see the Eiffel Tower lit up at night, but we somehow made the short journey take over an hour and a half. Eventually, we made it to the tower and decided we needed a drink after so much travel distress. We bartered with a guy that was selling wine, which was another cool cultural experience to end the night.