Medicinal Botany – Dr. Kinghorn

I had a wonderful time learning about the pharmaceutical side of science in Europe with Dr. Kinghorn. It was truly fascinating to learn about the way botany prospered and led to so many outstanding scientific advances. Along with this, Dr. Kinghorn gave a general history of the French and British, including their land and flags. He discussed the advancements of research and botany that led to plants being a great benefit to health. Learning about the amount of plants used for medicine is interesting because things we may have seen randomly growing before may be a possible help to someone who is in pain or needs a solution to a medical issue.

Dr. Kinghorn mentioned botanists from both France and Britain that were able to create a relationship between humankind and the vegetation that surrounded them. He also talked about famous gardens found in both Paris and France that are used to collect samples to test for botany and research on medicinal medicine.

I enjoyed the official part of the talk, but also the small talk about the trip. I am thinking about a trip to see Oxford and exploring that area. I think being on the campus area will be an experience that I would enjoy. It was nice to hear about all of the things that Dr. Kinghorn suggests, and think about implicating them into the trip!