Dr. Alber

Pasteur was a major contributor to science as a microbiologist and experimentalist. His greatest accomplishments included discovering vaccinations for rabies and anthrax, while also developing protocols for pasteurization and researching the role of “germs”. Dr. Alber’s talk was intriguing as we dove into Pasteur’s timeline of these accomplishments. I found it particularly remarkable that Pasteur did most of this work on his own, and also didn’t have a very good laboratory setting for a very long time. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to discover and prove his groundbreaking theories without the adequate resources! I also found it interesting how big of a germaphob he was, especially with the idea that he would move his bed in order to enter his room differently after showering. I really liked the way his lab was set up, and I hope laboratories will become more aesthetic. Even with all of the people opposing him, Pasteur’s drive and passion for science is so motivating and inspiring.