Markus Harrigan

I completed my Bachelor’s of Science at The Ohio State University in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences in 2015, with a major in Biomedical Science and a minor in Economics, and graduated magna cum laude with honors research distinction from the Honors College. During my undergraduate research training in cancer molecular genetics and cell biology I completed an honors thesis, under the guidance of Dr. Gustavo Leone, titled “Novel stromal-derived oncogenic signals enhance Ras-mediated cell proliferation.” Following graduation I matriculated into The Ohio State University Medical Scientist Training Program and having completed the first two years of the College of Medicine’s curriculum I am currently undertaking my PhD training in the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program. Following graduate training I will return to the College of Medicine to complete my medical training. My training as a physician scientist in the Schwab lab involves pursuing my interests in acute muscle wasting post-spinal cord injury (SCI), the immune-nervous system interface and the unique clinical complications facing SCI patients.