Week 6 ( Lesson 7/5/16)

This week there was not all that much new introduced. Most of the songs I am practicing are in F major. The two new major concepts are dotted quarter notes and staccato touch. The first explains itself, and Staccato touch is where you rapidly remove your fingers from the keyboard after hitting a note to get the explosive sharp sound from it. It looks like next week I will start getting into more hand shifts!

During the last three songs this week you can tell I was getting a little impatient haha. The written sheet music for jingle bells isn’t exactly like the tune. They wanted the player to practice staccato touch in both the left and right hands, making the bass (at least in my opinion) fall a little flat. I think it sounds explosive to be honest.. Obviously I want to get a pretty good version uploaded, but especially in the last 3 songs I’d get to the end and mess up. It really lowered my patience. Boy I can’t image when I start recording longer pieces. I don’t mind live audiences, I just hate the camera because I know whatever performance it’s here to stay.