About Me

My name is Sarah Schinker and I am a freshman in the Biological Sciences Scholars Program and I. plan to major in Biology. I graduated from Olentangy High School in Lewis Center, Ohio, which is about fifteen miles north of The Ohio State University.

After taking AP Biology my junior year of high school, I discovered a passion for life sciences. I enjoyed learning about how so many systems can work together to create one whole being. During my time at Ohio State, I hope to get involved in a variety of research opportunities in order to deepen my understanding of the biological sciences.

My interests include soccer and music, both of which I participated in throughout high school. I play both the violin and the viola, which have allowed me to be a member of seven orchestras in total. I was also a member of my school’s service club, French club, and the Olentangy chapter of National Honors Society.

I am looking forward to the opportunities that Ohio State has to offer, as well as the memories I surely make with my fellow Buckeyes.