Year in Review

This year has flown by, and I cant believe I am no longer a freshman at OSU. Though this year has been hard, overall I truly enjoyed my first year and would consider it a success. I have met amazing people, made wonderful friends, and further strengthened friendships from high school. I enjoyed going to football games and participating in new student organizations such as, Health Science Scholars and NSSHLA.

This year has taught me so much about myself, and helped me understand my future career path and goals. Through the Speech and Hearing professional club, NSSHLA, I learned about opportunities and the daily work of a speech language pathologist. Through my introduction classes into Speech and Hearing Science major, such as my Phonetics course and Language Acquisition course, I understand the area of focus and research that I want to dedicate my time to: people recovering from strokes and traumatic brain injuries.

This year has been difficult, but the fact that I managed to get through the hard classes and the times when I felt homesick, strengthened my confidence in myself and made me realize that I can do anything, whether that is trying something new or getting accepted into an SLP graduate program, through hard work and determination.