G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc.

Original Inquiry: The main reason I became interested in neuroscience is the fact that the brain is so crucial to our survival and quality of life, and controls everything we do, yet we know so little about it. I would love to make a difference in just one of so many issues within the field of neuroscience, and hope to further explore topics ranging from addiction, to mental health, to speech and hearing. I aim to get involved in a lab as soon as possible.

Academic Enrichment: I hope to get involved in Biological Sciences Scholars events beyond social and service, aiming to gain more real-world experience. I am also going to get involved in the many community outreach events the Neuroscience Undergraduate Major offers, as well as pushing myself through a wide range of networking efforts.

Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.

Service Engagement: I hope in my time on the Ohio State University campus and in the city of Columbus, I can balance my service interests both professionally and personally. I am a passionate advocate for LGBTQIA+ rights and equality, mental health awareness and services, and opioid education, and I love animals. I also want to dedicate time to research, clinical hours, and assisting my peers in their studies and passions. Hopefully, splitting my time between these two different veins of interest and academics will allow me to grow, or find something more specific to invest myself in.