Earth Month Challenge: Reflection 1

For my first Earth Month Challenge, I used a reusable water bottle.  This meant that if I forgot to bring my water bottle, I either found a water fountain, or refrained from drinking from any type of plastic bottle.  This is where I found my biggest difficulty, I forgot my water bottle a few times throughout the week.  Though I did not mind getting up to go to a water fountain (it helped me wake up if I was tired), a made a mental note of my memory skills.  Many of my challenges a memory based: I have to remember to bring my Tupperware, I have to remember to bring my thermos, I have to remember to save my compost.  The challenges themselves are not difficult, merely the process behind the challenges. Overall, I was successful this week. I refrained from using a plastic bottle of any sort, and only drank water from my reusable bottle or a water fountain. For this week’s challenge, I need to be extremely aware of remembering to bring Tupperware.  I will not use Styrofoam if I forget to bring Tupperware.  This leads into what I have learned about myself; I am a rather forgetful person.  Therefore, I find that this challenge will not only help with the environment, but with my personal responsibility skills.  Overall, neither this challenge nor waste and toxicity in general are difficult areas to cover.  With that knowledge in mind, I know that I can continue these challenges after the conclusion of Earth Month.  For my CO2 emissions, I am 57% below average.