Sad to Leave Santiago

Sunday and Monday everyone asked how spring break and Chile was and all I could respond was amazing! They would ask well what was amazing?, and I would respond with everything. I explained to a few that my favorite part was climbing up the old and uneven stairs of Cerro Santa Lucia and reaching the top of the castle and looking over the entire city but still being overwhelmingly surrounded by mountains. I explained to others that the most difficult part was the language barrier, but that once I took a step back I could understand what they might be saying due to the activity. To others, I explained that I need to find a really amazing spanish restaurant in Columbus to feed my new found empanada obsession. No matter what I told anyone, I was not able to fully explain how amazing the trip to Chile was. 

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to travel there and experience a culture and architecture that is so unlike that in the United States. I truly feel that the lessons I have learned from observing and aiming to understand their culture will really help me in the rest of my education and career. 

I am frustrated that the pictures don’t do the country and city justice and my words don’t either, so I have been telling people that if they are ever offered the opportunity to travel to Chile, they have to go. 

Shoutout Christine! When I told her I was considering going to Chile she said you have to go, and so I did! So thank you for encouraging me to take such an amazing trip!