Artifacts

AFRL LEGACY

Air Force Research Laboratory – AFRL LEGACY is intended to introduce STEM at a young age, continue growing students' interest in STEM, and eventually hire these students into a STEM driven Air Force career. To learn more visit http://wpafbstem.com/pages/legacy.html.WPAFB Educational Outreach Office Air Force Materiel Command

Posted by Wright-Patterson AFB on Friday, July 27, 2018

For the past two summers, I have worked as an apprentice at Wright Patterson Air Force Base through the LEGACY program. I have worked in the 711 Human Performance Wing where I ran a baseline experiment to test how eyes-on analysts (people who watch drone footage) can handle multi-tasking. I did research and then planned out and executed an experiment by creating a simulation and running airmen and other interns through it. More recently though, I have worked in the STRONG (Signature Tracking for Optimized Nutrition and Training) Lab. This lab uses exercise science experiments in order to work to optimize the nutrition and training of airmen. During my time there, I worked through exercises and workouts that were going to be used in future experiments and I analyzed data from previous experiments. I also tested new technologies that were going to be integrated into future experiments and provided feedback about them. The video above provides more insight to the program I participate in as well as the STRONG Lab and includes me talking about both.