“The trip to Long Beach, California was amazing! The plenary sessions were beyond informative and helpful. Most of the knowledge gained from these sessions could be used to pursue our future careers, and to be successful. Personally, I made a lot of professional connections and I know that without this trip, none of those connections would have been possible for me.”
“After listening to highly motivation and inspiring talks throughout the conference and then speaking to all of the representatives at various booths, I became more knowledgeable in the steps I now needed to take to become a successful graduate school candidate.”
The Undergraduate Research Office and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion have joined forces with the SACNAS Chapter at Ohio State to offer undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds the opportunity to attend the SACNAS National Conference. Students must be currently conducting research in STEM fields (including social and behavioral sciences).
The SACNAS Bound Buckeyes Travel Scholarship will offer up funds to cover lodging (shared double occupancy), airfare, and conference registration (online student member rate).
In order to be considered, students must:
- Please register here whether you plan to attend the events below or not.
- Watch the SACNAS Bound Buckeyes Information Session Webinar here
- Prepare a research abstract. Learn how to write a good abstract at the March 5 Ohio State SACNAS Chapter Meeting at Mendenhall Room 252
- Become a SACNAS member (Student 1 year membership is $15). ASPIRE students are likely to be already members
- Submit an abstract between March 13 and April 12, 2019 (5 PM Pacific Time). Information about abstract submission can be found here
- Submit a travel scholarship request. Learn how to do this here
Students whose abstracts get accepted, but who do not get a travel scholarship from SACNAS or ABRCMS, will be considered for the SACNAS Bound Buckeyes Travel Scholarship.
SACNAS Bound Buckeyes Travel Scholarship awardees will be required to participate in the activities below, but all SACNAS attendees from Ohio State are also welcome.
- Attend a coaching session where students will get tips, rehearse their presentations (oral or poster), and obtain constructive feedback.
- Attend a Pre-Conference logistics meeting
- Attend 3 meetings of the Ohio State SACNAS Chapter
- Attend a “Share what we learned” session during Spring Semester