Hi!

My name is Trisha Roy and I am rising fourth-year Eminence Fellow. I’m from Shaker Heights, Ohio and went to the public school system there. I am constantly thinking about race relations and my privileged position, as a non-Black person of color, in our deeply skewed societal institutions.

I am double majoring in Psychology and Public Management, Leadership and Policy. I love the combination of these fields, because I can apply the knowledge of cognitive science to public affairs and policy. I also am particularly interested in the way that psychology can drive racism and prejudiced beliefs. Psychology is a way for me to learn why people do what they do, which goes hand in hand to trying to achieve a more equitable society.

I have plans to take a gap year to work and then go to law school. After working at a civil rights law firm over the past year, I have realized that I want to become a civil rights attorney. I am very passionate about the work and the impact that adequate legal representation can have on marginalized communities and communities of color, like my own.

In my free time, I love hanging out with my friends, dancing, and being outside. The past year has made me cherish the outdoors, so I plan on spending as much time outside of my four bedroom walls as possible. I also adore my family and love spending time with them in Cleveland.