Global Awareness:

I am very interested in studying abroad during my time at OSU. I would love to travel somewhere that I can utilize my native languages, so possibly somewhere in India. I think that studying there, in contrast to just visiting my family there, will give me a new appreciation of the culture and people. I also think there would be great value in my studying abroad somewhere else, perhaps in a country in South America. It would give me an opportunity to immerse myself in a very unfamiliar culture, which I would benefit from.

Original Inquiry:

Currently, I am working in a collaborative social reasoning lab. I transcribe videos of younger students who are talking through different social issues in a book they read. These transcriptions are then coded in different ways, and analyzed. I plan on continuing this work for now, but possibly changing my course to focus on researching the psychology behind stereotypes and social norms, and the way people form their preconceived notions and act on them. I would like to apply to the stereotype lab here on campus, and see where that work takes me.

Academic Enrichment:

As of right now I am pursuing a major in psychology and a minor in neuroscience. However, I am also extremely interested in public policy and would like to explore my options in that realm. I would love to take atleast a few policy classes during my time here. I am torn between going to med school or law school, and am not yet sure how that will pan out. I am equally as passionate about STEM and medicine as I am policy and upholding of the law. I plan to take a wide array of classes to keep my options open.

Leadership Development:

One of my biggest extracurricular activities right now is my dance team, Buckeye Fusion. It is an all girls, Bollywood fusion team. I would love to take on a leadership position in this, as it means so much to me. I am also in Students for Educational Equity (though taking some time off now due to other engagements), and would like to play a larger role in that as well.

Service Engagement:

Though I am not directly involved in any organizations right now that are service oriented, I am in the midst of coming up with a service project with my Eminence Fellow Cohort. Our goal is to create a sustainable non-profit model organization that serves the community and the people around us. Right now, we are narrowing down the topics that we would like to address through our service project, and come summer 2019, we will more or less have a project in mind and presented to the Honors and Scholars Board.