For my Biology 1114H course, we were asked to design an experiment related to endophytes. My partner and I decided to study the effects of plant growth in light vs. dark on the type and growth of endophytes. We did preliminary research on our topic, designed and developed a method to retrieve and grow the endophytes with minimal contamination for best results. We subcultured and grew our endophytes for a semester, and at the end of the semester, collected the endophytes we grew to analyze them. We used different methods of measuring growth and analyzing the samples, including bioassays and microscopy, in order to determine the type of endophyte and the effects of plant growth in light vs. dark. We then used statistical analysis to determine that our data was statistically significant.