Year in Review

I am definitely very different from the person who started in Health Science Scholars almost two years ago now. Since coming to college I have become more comfortable in my own skin. I am also much more willing to try things out of my comfort zone. I had held leadership roles in high school, but that was nothing like having a leadership role in college. Being on the Leadership Council for Health Sciences Scholars, first as only a committee member and then as a committee lead, has really shaped me as a leader and a person. I have gained confidence in who I am and what I can do and I have gained a significant amount of leadership experience. I have gotten better at public speaking and event planning, which will be very useful in the future. Since coming to college I have made and achieved bigger goals for myself than I would have in the past, such as applying and becoming a student researcher at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which has been really good for my confidence level. I have learned new study habits that have been more effective in my various science courses. I completed all of the initial expectations and I really enjoyed and got a lot out of many HSS events. Health Sciences Scholars helped me change and decide what major I wanted to be in and helped me in various academic, service, and social aspects. I am so grateful that I have gotten the chance to be surrounded by such wonderful and driven individuals for the past two years. For the remainder of my OSU experience, I hope to continue to do well in my classes and make the most out of being at Ohio State. I want to create experiences that will prepare me for the future and set me apart from others. I hope that I can also enjoy the remaining time that I have hear and have the chance to meet and help other individuals as well.