End of Semester Reflection

As my first semester of college comes to a close, I have spend some time thinking about how far I’ve come. I have learned how I need to study to be successful and ways to keep myself organized. I have picked up valuable time management skills and learned how to communicate with my professors and instructors. One of the most important things I learned was how beneficial going to office hours can be. Going into next semester, I am somewhat nervous about my schedule, but I will be able to use the skills I learned this semester to help me get by.

In addition to my academics, I have grown as a person these past few months. Coming from a small town in North Carolina, I was scared to be going to such a huge school so far from home. It made me realize that I am capable of handling things on my own, even if it seems intimidating at first. I have made great friends and really found my place here at Ohio State. Being in Scholars has helped with that, and has allowed me to explore some of my interests outside of my major. I look forward to the rest of this year, and the rest of my time at Ohio State.