Semester in Review – Fall 2018

First Semester

The first semester of my college experience is coming to a close. I can already tell that I have changed a lot. I do my own laundry, clean my own bathroom, and take care of my own meals. I am now realizing how spoiled I was at home. The transition to college was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I accepted the changes and moved forward. One of the biggest changes that I had to deal with was the rigor of the coursework. Everyone knows about the infamous chemistry department at Ohio State but I was not ready to have to spend time on one class every day. It has definitely helped improve my time management. For one, when I just want to watch Netflix or play around on my phone I have to be honest with myself and ask if it is a good idea. I know that I never want to let all of my chemistry work pile up. Another way I have changed is that I know it is okay to get a bad grade here and there. In high school I never got bad grades so it was a wake up call. Just because you do poorly on one thing does not mean your college career is over. Pick yourself up and try not to repeat past mistakes. Everything in college is a learning experience!