Leadership Development

Honors & Scholars students will develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and that prepares them for their future roles in society.

At such a large university I am going to be honest when I say that I have not wanted to look for a leadership position. I feel like there are so many other people who are better than me here. I have been taking small steps to get to where I feel comfortable. Right now I think the best way to utilize my leadership skills is to be a team player. I can hopefully inspire other people who are feeling intimidated to take the first step and just join a group or two.

The group I joined was the Ohio State Novice Crew team. I joined five weeks after everyone else and I felt like I was so behind. The other girls were very nice and supportive to me while I was trying to catch up. There were a few girls who joined even later than me so I decided to be there for me the way other people had been there for me. I felt it was my duty especially since I knew what if felt like to be the newbie.