Introduction of Analogue notes

why do you take notes? (information, speculation, visualization, mark time and thought, etc.)

Usually, I am not a note-taking person academically. I am more visual than anything else and this means that I prefer drawings or photographs to recall on information. Written notes do help me recall my thoughts when it comes to my mental and emotional health, but for art I never thought of note-taking to be a valuable tool to use to create. I am now in the process of using this tool in my everyday life. I use it when I journal about my day, or recall experiences that my have made me feel indifferent about myself or the environment around me.

What do you take notes about/on? (subjects, interests, dreams, memories, etc.)

Currently, I take notes about me. I think many people at my age do not know themselves or how to treat themselves. We are growing up in a world where most of our focus is on the internet or social media, and we are constantly battling ourselves. During the year 2020, I was caught up in a web of not knowing who I was and I felt like I was losing my mind. I realized that I was not “losing it” but I just did not take the time to take care of my mental health. Now, I take notes about my experiences with meditation and I found a significant change in myself. I am sleeping better, and my anxieties are no longer as apparent as they were before. Lastly, I am gaining a better clarity of my self confidence and I think that is the best part.

How do you take notes? (forms of experimentation; conventions of discipline followed or broken; primarily text or image; primarily digital)

During this class term my note-taking skills were centered around collage elements such as taking photographs and creating a new piece with my notes. These notes represented reminders for myself. What it means to be who I am but also my purpose for this course. This course is a continuation into my life. It was the boost that helped me find out so much information about different mediation techniques and also better my whole self.  Right now, my note-taking method is collage, photography and written reminders in my personal journal.