The Risk Institute at The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business operates at the intersection of risk research and risk management practice. Focused on an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to risk management.
In 2017 we focused on building connections — across the university, across industries and across the nation.
In 2018 our focus was on time and change — we wanted get the word out about the future of enterprise risk management, the fourth industrial revolution and how to leverage a dramatically changing landscape to create value.
2018 By the Numbers
- Hosted more than 550 people at Risk Institute event
- Collaborated with 120+ organizations
- Garnered more than 200 million media impressions from publications like The Washington Post, Financial Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, Columbus Business First and the Columbus Dispatch
- Funded nearly $160,000 in research in the form of six research projects, eight class projects, and representing four countries
- Time & Change 5th Annual Conference welcomed more than 150 C-Suite executives and world-renowned speakers for an enlightening two-day event
We continued our national initiative to predict and curb distracted driving behaviors through our Distracted Driving Initiative.
Distracted Driving Initiative
- The Risk Institute Distracted Driving Event featuring Fletcher Cleaves
- Completed Young Driver Analysis
- Partner in Maria’s Ride
- Completed Research by Assistant Professor, City & Regional Planning Zhenhua Chen and PhD Student Youngbin Lym on Road design changes reduce distracted driving crashes. Special thanks to PCIAA for funding this groundbreaking research.
- Completed research by Professor Ellen Peters & Senior Researcher Brittany Shoots-Reinhard, Behaviors Driving Distraction.
- Joined state task-force on distracted driving in partnership with Ohio Department of Transportation
This past year was full of action, changes and learning. To our members, thank you for your continued support and vision for the future of risk management. We couldn’t do any of this without you.
Looking forward to 2019 expect to see even more research on integrated risk management, distracted driving, and weather and climate. We’d also love to see you at one of our upcoming events like AI, Predictive Metrics and Modeling on January 24th or at the Economic Nationalism & Trade Conference on February 8th.
Philip S. Renaud, II
The Risk Institute
The Risk Institute