Post Rio Depression

As I look back now, I think of all that used to be good. I can remember it like it was only yesterday. The warm air, the breeze coming in from the ocean. The luscious green trees, and plants that flow throughout the walkways let just that glimmer of sunlight stream down onto your skin. It was a magical place. If I think hard enough I can still smell the seasoning of the cuts of meat at the churrasco. I can still remember the cold of the ocean as I walk out further, my feet sinking deeper into the sand. It feels like it was only last week that I was standing with water up to my waist, and as I turned around I was met by a giant wave. I was crushed, sent tumbling underneath the water. Now, though, I’m sent tumbling by school work. Im drowning in 2-3 inches of snow. Instead of getting burnt by the hot, hot sun, I’m getting freeze-burnt in the wind of thirty degree temperatures. It’s a sad thought that it wasn’t so long ago things were much brighter. Now I’m back in Columbus, the “city of champions”. The “city of snow” is more like it. I guess since I don’t even step foot outside of Knowlton it doesn’t matter. I’m home, but why can’t home be Rio de Janeiro?image