Unforgettable Memories

It is still hard to believe the trip in Rio has ended. For these days coming back to Columbus I always have a feeling that we are still in Rio and when I woke up it seems the sunshine is behind the window and the sound of waves…but going home is good as well! At least I can eat my favorite foods! I will miss the fresh fruit juice but honestly, most Brazilian food are not my cup of tea. However having a experience of traditional food like Feijoada is still awesome. It is a really marvelous feeling that when you come back, you feel accomplished; and after a rest of few days you rethinking about your trip, lots of memories have been reminded and you become surprised we have been experiencing so much. 

We`ve really experienced so much indeed. All the photos I collected in my computer, all the sketches I finished and being added, making me hard to forget this wonderful trip. And this is one of most impressive parts of what I have learned in the one week: the power of experience. Many things If you personally experienced you will get a better understanding,  and understanding of your own. That is what you cannot get only from looking the Internet page or pictures from books. Like the architectures and gardens we visited during this trip, only when you are really there, inside or in front of it, you understand its scale and the relation with the surroundings; for example, the cathedral we visited in the middle of downtown, surrounded by a bunch of modern buildings, making a strong comparison with its traditional and religious appearance. And like the Sitio and Botanical garden, you will never get to know how many types of botanical plants are in there, but when you are in there, you get a sense of what the botanical gardens looks like and their difference with our conventional garden.

Before this trip I wrote in my pre-post that I hope this trip will be an unforgettable, precious memory, and I`m really glad to give a conclusion now that it has been realized.