Rio- record this colorful city

imageimage

Rio is a giant palette. In this city, I think most people can find their favorite color. During this trip, I tried as much as I can to record the color in this city.

Today is the last day, we went to the downtown to see the famous”Escadaria da Lapa”.  When I first enter this area, the typical Brazilian color- bright green and yellow was filled my eyes. The main stairs captured my eyes so quickly, they also arose my curious to explore higher and higher. Beside the flat stairs, the topo is arised so dramatically. It lookes like several cubes extrude from the soil and they stand there so vertically that I noticed that almost every visitors wanted to climb these big stairs and took pictures with them. The colorful tiles on the surface told the story of Brazil, it is an interesting way to show the history of the city and inform and educate citizens as well as visitors.

The second picture has a little bit Mediterranean expressions. It reminds me of Greece because of the blue.

image

At night, we went to the top roof. From here, we can see the night vistas of Rio. What a charming and peaceful city! The lighting makes the foreground so stand out.

image

Moreover, the botanic garden is full of color. Different color. I didn’t take photos by my phone, it is hard to express the garden by one sketch, but one thing I want to say is, because the shade of the foreground plants and background plants, the hierarchy of foreground and background also can be told by the color.

One thought on “Rio- record this colorful city

1. I really enjoyed reading your post, Yuanyuan. I am very interested in finding out what everyone did on their free day. With so many things to do in Rio de Janeiro, it can be hard to pick something to do and fit it all in one day! I love your picture of the Escadaria da Lapa. Coming to Rio de Janeiro, i was really hoping and looking forward to our visit to Lapa for that reason, i really wanted to visit the stairs. I was disappointed upon finding out our schedule would no longer include Lapa, due to recent violence and drug problems. Its good you were able to visit Lapa however, and see the beautiful stairs! Great pictures. Rio de Janeiro truly is a color palette, with every shade of every color you can imagine, all at once, in your face, and everywhere. That is one of the many things that I love about this city, the colors everywhere, mirroring the brilliant colors of the nature surrounding. The night view picture is very impressive, a beauitiful view we had from our hotel of the lights from the favelas. Finally, your sketch as well is very impressive, it really captures the essence and represents the beauty of the botanical gardens.