Botanical Gardens

One of our last big tours and visits we took on the trip was to the Botanical Gardens. This was one of the best sites in terms of relaxation and just a peaceful atmosphere. I was able to get some real good sketches in. I found this trail near the back of the gardens and followed it for a bit. Now I’m definitely not a nature guy by any means, but I can appreciate it. The trail was so serene just being surrounded by trees and water. I eventually came to a random concrete bench in the forest which was where I did my first sketch.
I continued on the trail until I finally decided to veer off of it and head down some steps. There I found a small waterfall which was beautiful. This was where I completed my second sketch. Some of the other highlights of the Gardens were the huge row of Palm trees which Vanesa explained the significance of. I also really enjoyed the Japanese Gardens. They had this cool path in the water that you were able to step out on and almost made it seem like you were in the water.
Another site that also caught my eye was the Bromeliario which contained a beautiful waterfall piece that was nice. I also found a lady from Sweden there who spoke English and said she actually knew where Ohio State was. Small world! But overall the Gardens as a whole was awesome. I was able to really meditate and just take time time to think about life with no distractions. This site is definitely one I recommend if anyone were to visit Rio!
A picture of my sketch from the first place I stopped along the path.
image