Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

My sister has always said “where there’s a will, there’s a way.” Ever since Aimee introduced the Rio trip at the Knowlton all school meeting in the beginning of the year I have been determined to be a part of it. I had to work through some obstacles, but I’m currently sitting on a plane headed toward Atlanta so I’d say it was a success!

I participated in the SERVitecture spring break trip to Toronto and Buffalo last year, and we got so much snow that Habitat for Humanity gave us a snow day; needless to say I am 110% ready for a destination where the sun is shining and winter coats aren’t necessary. ☀️

So I got a really nice free water bottle the other day from the Sustainability Fair on campus, and I forgot to completely empty it before going through security at the Columbus airport. There was only a sip or two left in the bottle and I was lucky enough that the woman checking my bag let me keep it… I guess Friday the 13th isn’t starting out too horribly!

I can’t wait to land because it’s too bright to stare out the window, I’m too excited to sleep, and the sooner we land the sooner we take off for Rio! Wooooo! I’m so excited to share this experience with you all, and here’s a shoutout to the Rio Trio Plus One from your awesome Team Captain:)

image