Airport Angst

I find myself sitting in the Atlanta airport beginning my three hour layover in route to a ten hour flight. Although some may find the idea of a ten hour flight slightly obnoxious, I am a firm believer in the idea of risk versus reward. I think a ten hour flight is a miniscule price to pay to escape Columbus and the climate it has had to offer for the past six months. About four or five months ago when we found out we would be going on the trip I was excited to receive the news however the trip itself was still so far away that it really didn’t hit me until recently. The course we have to take is a good foundation for the culture and architecture however, nothing can ever compare to actual immersion within a culture and society. Theoretical speculation is crucial for the discussion of architecture and culture, but, I just simply can’t wait to be in Rio de Janeiro to experience all of it firsthand. I would have to say I am most excited to go to sugarloaf the first day, as well as Brasilia later on in the week. I think it is going to be truly remarkable to see Brasilia and all the contemporary architecture it has to offer.