My First Week at OSU

My first week was amazing! I started early with the O.W.L program and honestly I couldn’t have loved it more.  Moving in early and experiencing the campus with people who’ve never lived there before is amazing.  I made some amazing friends and discovered my passions in a new place.  It was terrifying trying to live on my own for the first time, so I was surprised how quickly I got used to it.  Classes are more work than I expected, but extremely fun.  Going in undecided I took a leap and took an Archaeology class simply to see if I liked it.  I’m now in the second week of classes and I’ve fallen in love.  I can’t believe how quickly I’ve steered my life in one direction.

The  Humanities Scholars program is more than I could’ve even hoped for. My first choice of program, it encompasses my love for reading with a friendly atmosphere and amazing events.  Honestly the people I’ve met so far couldn’t be more amazing.  Everyone has been friendly and open with the mindset that everyone is important.   The shared similar interests between members helps drive that bond together, proving that this scholars program links people deeper than just the outside branch of humanities.