Artifact I

On September 13th, 2018, I was allowed a starting position on Ohio State’s official Fortnite e-sports team. Now, I know that might make want some of you to roll your eyes, but there is good reason for including this in my e-portfolio. As of right now, the competitive scene for collegiate Fortnite is lackluster at best. There aren’t many quality leagues where colleges across the country can compete to be the best of the best. Therefore, my fellow teammates and I have decided to try and change that. We are going to attempt to start our own league for all colleges to participate in across the country. It may seem useless to an outsider, but this could make big changes for the collegiate scene, and we’re trying to make those changes.

This experience could possibly get my peers and I noticed by game companies like Epic Games, the creator of Fortnite. As a hopeful game designer, this could help me get connections with the company early in my college career. This whole experience portrays my passion for video games and my competitive spirit. I want to create a competitive environment for the collegiate pro scene for a game I love. In addition, I could be characterized as a go-getter for taking the initiative to create the league rather than waiting for someone else to do it. All-in-all, this experience will contribute to my development by familiarizing myself with the logistics and the leadership role of a large network of colleges. Therefore, I’m very excited for what’s to come in the future as I experience new things and meet new people along my journey.